Create gmail account for child is useful subject when you want to create for your son or daughter and know information from that email. This is my case: My son is 8 year old, he does not need an email address. At school he is a member of computer club. One day I received the first email from his school email, I was almost dizzy. I work in communications. I am not afraid of social media, technology or digital communications.
I understand the many pros and cons of Internet. However, smart phones and mobile devices are always changing our work and because I love to communication. I thought it would be fun to teach my son how to create gmail account and use gmail email contact with a selected group of people.
How to create a gmail account for a child
Like many parents, I knew I could not let him have a common Gmail account. I found out a way that create a share and protective Gmail account for my son. Here is my own step-by-step instructions for create gmail account for child with screenshots. I hope it is helpful to you!
Step 1: Let’s start to create a new Gmail account for a child. You can give your child’name if you would like to reserve in their Gmail account when they grow up, or create an other name that can protect them. Don’t use multiple Xs in their email address for obvious reasons.
I recommend that you do not list their correct birth or sex, for safety. For my son’s birthday, I took a date like me.
Step 2: Skip creating a public Google Profile. I didn’t add an image or other information about my son. Remember, you are creating a way for them to send you email and other family members.
Step 3: Click Settings under the gear icon in Gmail.
Step 4: Create a filter.
Step 5: Last step creating gmail account for child. This is include in the e-mail address on the approved list.
Once you add in the email addresses, click “Create filter with this search” and on the next screen.
Select “Delete it”, so that e-mails that go through are not match to the approved filter will deleted automatically. Finally, click “Create Filter” and you’re done!
After I did it, I added the e-mail account to my son’s phone, and informed the people on his list that they could send him emails. For now, only I and his father and our parents are allowed to email him. He was really excited and happy!
The first email he sent me: “I love you mommy!!” I will be very happy if this instrution is helpful to you and your children. Good luck!
A few notes for create gmail for your child
- Review with your children that they should never use your email address to someone without asking first Bar.agr he will not be able to send mail to your child because you set the filter, it is still a good guard in place.
- I add my email account on my phone. This allows me to see what he is writing and who he was writing to the chance that the filter was not working. I would love to see what he was writing to his grandparents, although I’m not going to read every email, he wrote. It’s a place for her toes (with the thumb) practice their writing skills and modern day “type”.
***Refer any keyword searches on google:
- creating a gmail account for a child
- create gmail address for child
- create an email account for a child