As i mentioned in the first blog post (Gmail Sign Up), Gmail is the most popular email service. So it’s certainly understandable that many peoples has owned at least one Gmail.com account. However, not 100% peoples know how to do Gmail Sign In ( or Login to Gmail ) in right and secure way. In this post we will talk every things about Gmail Login, include these sections:
- Gmail Sign In – Basic concept (1)
- Multi Gmail Account in one browser (2)
- Using Gmail account to login with other website ( include Google services and external system ) (3)
- How to secure logout with Gmail account (4)
Before starting with first section in Gmail Sign In tutorial
May be you are wondering why do i write so basic tutorial? If that, so you are asking right question. This post include every things you need to pay attention or every things you need to know to get the best experience with Gmail.
If you haven’t owned any Gmail Account; create one first, you can read my post to easy create Gmail account
If you already have a gmail account, let’s starting the tutorial now!
Gmail Sign In is very simple as many regular web services. You can go to gmail.com directly or if you are using Chrome Browser or Google.com is your browser home page, click Google Apps Button ( Top -Right) then click Gmail Icon
Then you will be navigated to the following page. At this page, enter your username (or your gmail adress) then click Next button
After click on Next button, you will get this screen
You can see in above picture, i had marked 7 areas with red rectange; so it mean there are 7 things you need to pay attention at this page. Now let find out what are they?
- (1) Back button: When you press this image button, the page will be turned back to Username page (where you can change your username for login )
- (2) This is your email avatar: Gmail will automaticly show your email avatar here, you can use it to check if you are logging with right username
- (3) Your current login username
You can use factors (2) and (3) to check if you are usgin right or wrong username to login
- (4) Your email password. This password is string you used to secure your account; it was set when you create gmail account. You must enter your password to sign in your gmail account
- (5) When you check this checkbox, Gmail will save your sign in session for the next time you back to gmail (the next time you won’t have to enter your password). If you are sign in gmail in your personal computer or mobile phone and you can ensure that nobody can access your device, so you can check this checkbox. If you have to do Gmail sign in with unsafe device (public computer, friend’s laptop…) so you shouldn’t check.
- (6) Forgot password: In case you cannot remember your password, and you had set your recovery phone or recovery email. You can click on Forgot password link to reset your gmail password. Read my post on How to recover your Gmail password
- (7) The same as back button (1)
After enter your Gmail password, click Sign In to start login with Gmail. If your username and password were corectly, Gmail will direct you to your account Inbox page. If your informations were wrong, Gmail will alert you with a red message.