Google Mail is becoming Gmail UK or gmail in the UK, on May 3 – 2010, Google’s mail service is changing its name to Gmail UK, from now on, anyone who registers a create gmail account UK will get an @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com.
Google Mail is becoming Gmail UK
If you used Google mail and want an @gmail.com address (Gmail UK), you can change according to your email@example.com. If you change the address, it only affects your address; your account settings, contacts and the existing letter will not change, and any mails sent to your ex @googlemail.com address will be automatically redirected to your new address.
If you are in the UK and want to replace your googlemail.com to @gmail.com address, just click the “convert to @gmail.com” in the “Account” settings of Gmail (this link only appears if you are eligible to change your address).
- Click here for FAQ of Google.
Known problems to change google gmail uk
- Forward exchange: If you try to change your address on your conversion pages to Gmail UK and it has no effect, please click “Switch to the @gmail.com” under “Settings” and try again . Google is solving this problem and are working to resolve as soon as possible
- Android: If you use an Android device and change your address, the Google Talk application will not work properly, but the other Google apps works greatly. The current solution is to perform a full reset of your Android device and use @gmail.com but Google is working on solving this problem as soon as possible
- Offline Gmail: If you have enabled Offline Gmail and change your address, you will need to re-sync your account to use hidden
- Mailing Lists: If you signed in to send an email to send @googlemail.com address to the list name, you may need to register for the group to use your @gmail.com address. Google Groups will automatically accept your new address
- Non-Gmail chat contacts: If you use Gmail to chat with people who do not have a Google account and use a chat applications of third parties other than AOL, you may invite these people talk after you change your home address.