Backup Gmail Account is very necessary when you create gmail account for yourself and use its. What you see, emails have become a central means of sharing information on the Internet. Individuals and companies use email to share important information, make the security of these vital platforms.
An email service, Gmail, is a platform that has become famous for years. Google made great strides to guarantee the security of Gmail users, and they also allow users create a backup of Gmail Account for save messages. So how do you backup Gmail account? Just follow 9 steps below:
9 steps to create a backup of Gmail account
- Step 1: First of all, to backup Gmail account, you need to log into your Gmail account, then click on the settings icon on the top right area of your Gmail window and click “Settings” option on the menu that appears.
- Step 2: Then click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” in the horizontal menu at the top of the page you are redirected to
- Step 3: Choose “Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” under “POP Download” and scroll down the page and click “Save Changes” button.
- Step 4: This step is to configure a mail client that includes the installation of a backup software supplied by Google. To get the software, click here and then on the open page, scroll down and click “Download” to access the “Downloads” page.
- Step 5: To create a backup of Gmail Account, On the “Downloads” page, click on the .exe file and this will redirect you to another page.
- Step 6: On the page, click again on the .exe file to download it to your local directory.
- Step 7: Go to your downloads folder and double-click the downloaded .exe file to begin the installation process. You may also right click and select “Run as Administrator” on Windows. If you are asked if you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click “Yes.”
- Step 8: Follow the installation wizard that appears until you’re done.
- Step 9: After completing the instal process, to create backup gmail account, you can go to the installation directory and double-click “gmail-backup-gui.exe” then enter the Gmail login credentials, the directory that you want to store the backup files, and the period time which emails you want to save. When you enter the necessary preferences, click “Backup” button on the bottom left. So, you have created a backup of your gmail account.
Congratulation because you create backup gmail account for yourself, I hope this article useful for you, thanks for reading!
***See more subject: Create Gmail account