Sync outlook contacts with gmail Account is useful with you, the Outlook interface is easy to use can be combined with Google’s popular email program on the Web. Lorsqu’il is configured correctly, any changes to Gmail or Outlook are automatically synchronized with other people, and all your organization will do both. You can also import your contacts, even if it was done through a separate process (but quickly)
Sync outlook contracts with gmail account follow 3 parts
Sync outlook contacts with google contacts is not difficult, bu you will need some skill for that, this way below will show you how to sync outlook contacts with gmail with 3 simple parts.
Part 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail
In the first part for sync gmail contacts with outlook you need to go to interface bellow.
Step 1: Know the difference between POP and IMAP
In the first step, to sync contacts with outlook, this is two mail email “protocol”, or other delivery method. This allows you to download your email messages from Gmail’s servers in Outlook.
- IMAP is considered superior to POP in almost every way. It allows sync outlook and gmail contacts marking messages read and unread at once. Any organization performing at a party (to put a message into a folder in Outlook) will be reflected on the other side (the message will be labeled with the name of that folder in Gmail).
- IMAP is essential if you check your messages on multiple devices, such as your computer and your mobile phone.
- POPs tend to lose the message or create copies. IMAP is more stable.
Step 2: Connect to the web page of Gmail
In this step, for sync google contacts to outlook, you’ll need to enable IMAP in your Gmail settings before synchronizing with Outlook.
- Make sure you use the standard view. If you see the message “You are a basic HTML view of Gmail in” top of the Gmail window, you will need to switch to Standard View by clicking the link.
Step 3: Click on the speed button and select Settings
This will open your Gmail Settings menu.
Step 4: Nhập vào tab “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”
Step 4: Select “Enable IMAP IMAP Access” “section” in
Part 2: Adding your Gmail account in Outlook
Step 1: Open Outlook and click on the File tab
Choose “Account Settings” → “Account Settings …”
- If you use Outlook 2003, click the Tools menu and select “Accounts” or “email account”.
Step 2: Click the “New”
This can be found in the Email tab
Step 3: Enter your information
- If you use two-factor authentication for your Google Account, you’ll need to create an application separate password to use instead of the password of your Google account. You just need to enter once.
- If you’re a Google Apps for business users, using email addresses with your domain name. The rest of the process should be.
Step 4: Wait for Outlook to connect
As long as your email address and your address is correct, Outlook can automatically connect to your Gmail account.
Step 5: Leave your message to download
After your connected account, you will see your e-mail address appears in the left pane, with all your label underneath. Outlook start downloading emails from your account, it may take some time.
Part 3: Import your Google contacts
Step 1: Your Google contacts Export to a file
When you log in to Gmail, your Google contacts are not automatically added to Outlook. For sync google contacts with outlook, we will need to export your contacts from Gmail and then import that file into Outlook.
- Log on to the web page of Gmail.
- Click the “Gmail” menu and switch “Contacts”.
- Click the “More” and select “Export …”.
- Select the group you want to export. By default, all contacts will be exported.
- Select “Outlook CSV” as the format.
- Save the file to your computer.
Step 2: Open Outlook
Now you export your contacts, you can import them into Outlook.
Step 3: Click the File tab and choose “Open & Export”
Step 4: Select the “Import/Export”
Step 5: Select “Import from another program or file” and click. To follow
Step 6: Select “Comma Separated Value” and click. To follow
Step 7: Browse files you download from Gmail
Step 8: Choose how you want to handle the copy
In this step, for sync outlook contacts with google contacts, you can choose to replace the copy of the communication Gmail (Gmail is the best source for updates on many more), creating your copy can combine or remove later, or not come at all duplicates (better when Outlook is the source of updates on more).
Step 9: Use your contacts
Now the contacts are imported, you can use like any other Outlook contacts. Be aware that Outlook contacts and Gmail contacts are not connected, so that any changes made on one will not be reflected in the other until you make an export/import export.
Part 3: Troubleshooting
Step 1: My message is sent, or I do not get the message
There are some things that can cause this problem when you sync outlook contacts with gmail as below.
- Make sure you have access to the web page of Gmail and IMAP enabled in your Gmail settings.
- Check your Gmail address and password have been entered correctly in the Outlook account.
- Gmail does not allow emails with .exe attachments kem.Ngoai also a size limit of 25 MB for attachments.
Step 2: Check the settings of the port and password
If you have accidentally changed the port settings to add to your account, it can cause problems when you try to send or receive messages.
- Click the File tab and select “Account Settings” → “Account Settings …”.
- Double-click your Gmail account.
- Check the “Incoming mail server” and “Outgoing Server” should read vuc.Incoming fieldsimap.gmail.com while leaving should readsmtp.gmail.com.
- Click the Settings … More button, then the Advanced tab.
- “Incoming server” must be set 993 and use “SSL”.
- “Outgoing Server” must be set 587and use the “TLS”. Yes587 does not work, try465 with “SSL” or 25 with “SSL”.
Congratulation you have done to sync gmail contacts with outlook, I hope this subject useful for you. If you have any question, you can comment below.